Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Daffodil Days!

I love flowers!!! In fact, the more the merrier for me. Once, in a former life, many many moons ago, I actually was a florist. But, even though that time in my life is gone, my love of flowers is not. Of course, I do have my favorites...daffodils and sweet peas! I just can't seem to get enough of either of these two beauties when they're in season.

So, since daffodils are popping up all over my yard
, and available for sale everywhere, I decided to design an 'Inspiration Board' around these lovelies.

I'm not going to bore you with how I created this board considering I've said it all before. So, I'll refrain from the tutorial...to which you're all probably breathing a sigh of relief. LOL! Instead I want to talk about how important an 'Inspiration Board' is for your wedding planning.

'Inspiration Boards' are not only fun...(as you can see, I seem to be addicted)...but they're also very useful. I can't stress enough how much a board like this can help keep you on track with your theme, your colors and the mood of your wedding. All things that are extremely important in planning your dream wedding.

Color is important and can sometimes be tricky. There are millions of colors to choose from, and every year the 'trend setters' pick color schemes that seem to be dominating the industry. But, that doesn't mean you need to follow the trends...oh no! Some of the most beautiful weddings are those where the couple pick their colors based on their likes, lifestyles and personalities. Exactly why I couldn't pass up these InnCredible yellow stiletto heals!!!
Your theme is also crucial to your wedding success. For instance, you wouldn't necessarily plan a formal, black tie event for an outdoor garden setting, nor would you want your casual, garden wedding in an upscale, high end venue. So, once you set your theme; formal, funky, casual, or somewhere in between, you can begin choosing photos that reflect this theme for your board.The mood of your wedding is also important, and since I'm very vintage, I couldn't pass up this wonderful picture I found on Google. It speaks volumes to the mood I'd set at my wedding if I were getting married, that is. LOL! And, even though it doesn't really jive with my other newer photos, I love it and it's totally me! So I added it!

As a reminder, most of the wedding websites have programs in place where you can create your own 'Inspiration Board' online, so be sure to check each one out and find the one site that works best for you.

And because I can't say it enough, I'm still waiting for you to send me the InnCredible 'Inspiration Boards' you've created. All the other wedding blogs have them, so why shouldn't we, right? I want to give all you brides the opportunity to share your creativity with the rest of the wedding community, so send them my way. I'll post yo
ur 'Inspiration Boards' on this blog, on our facebook page and on Twitter. You can't beat that! And, the best part is, I won't make you compete with thousands of other brides for placement. I'll publish each and everyone I get....promise! Just like I did with Isla's.

So, either email me your boards to: info@inncredibleevents.com, or go to our 'Contact Us' page on this blog...fill in our information, then cut and paste your board into our 'Message' box.
It's that simple!


What are you waiting for????


Until next time....


Making your wedding InnCredible
InnCredible Events

949/887.9629



1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it.Cheers for the info!!!! & This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you

    ReplyDelete