Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Grooms Have It!



More and more we're seeing grooms taking an active role in planning their weddings. They come to our planning meetings with ideas, thoughts and wants, which is InnCredible. Guys are beginning to 'step up to the plate' to add their personalities to the festivities. So, in honor of all the grooms out there who are adding their 'two cents' to the fun, this 'Inspiration Board' is for you!

Last time I hinted that I might do something crazy like this...give the guys their own 'sneak peek' into the wedding worlds of other grooms. Who knows,
I may have started a new trend! Even the new wedding site, BHLDN, just launched 'Bridesmaid Boards', so why not take that idea one step further, and create 'Grooms Boards'? Love it!



To begin this board, I first picked my main picture. And being the shameless, proud mama that I am, I chose one of my favorite pictures of my son, Cameron, that was taken at his wedding back in 2009. And as you can see, I went back to the 'Picture Pile' option with 'Picasa' to create my design. I'm much more comfortable giving my boards this unstructured look. And, as you'll also notice, I went a little crazy, cramming all the photos I liked onto one board. I guess I figured I should just go for broke for my first ever 'Grooms Board'...just in case there isn't another one. LOL!!!!



Personally, I love the way grooms are adding their own special, and sometimes 'quirky', touches to weddings these days. I love the crazy, mis-matched socks, the funky shoes, multi-colored bow ties, and the hats...
Oh, the hats! All these personal touches help to define the theme of their individual weddings. And since this year weddings are taking on a more casual, intimate look and feel, we're also seeing a number of grooms opting for attire other than a tux for their big day! Don't you just love this photo of the guys in suspenders!



Even 'Grooms Cakes' are taking on a new resurgence, and bride's are going all out to make sure their guys' special cake reflects the personality of their man. You wouldn't believe some of the crazy and creative 'Grooms Cakes' I found online. Now-a-days, if you want it, a baker will create it!

But, I digress...back to the '
Grooms Boards'. I think they're a great way to not only get your guy invested in the look of your wedding, but also allow you, the bride, to coordinate everything you want to incorporate into your theme without losing sight of the big picture.


At our last wedding of the season, our groom, Kyle, wanted a 'Port & Cigar Grotto' down by the pond. So, of course, Marjorie and I obliged. And even though it was pouring rain, we were still able to carry this off thanks to the InnCredible help of their fabulous caterer. But, getting back to the topic at hand, it was Kyle who wanted this 'Grotto' for his groomsmen and friends, and I have to admit, it was the hit of the evening! And even his darling Roz, added her special touch with 'S'mores' for those folks who weren't into port or cigars. InnCredible!

And just to brag a wee bit more, if you haven't seen Roz & Kyle's
'Singing In The Rain' video, (which was shot at the 'Coloma Country Inn' with 'InnCredible Events' as their wedding planners, I'm proud to say), just click on the link above and be amazed!

And it's not just the younger grooms who are taking part in planning their weddings...
Au contraire! Paul, one of our other favorite grooms, took an active roll in his and Cindy's wedding by designing the music for the reception. Funny thing, his only request after the wedding was for a beer and a cigar. Ya gotta love a man who knows what he wants!

So, ladies, if you're interested in following my new trend and creating a 'Grooms Board' for your man, you can either use one of the wedding websites, or be a rebel like me and use 'Picasa'.

And, of course, once you're done, send them my way. Please! I promise I'll post each
'Inspiration Board' I get right here on this blog, and on our 'InnCredible Events' facebook page. They'll also get posted to our Twitter page as well. How fun is that!

So, either send your
'Inspiration Board' or 'Grooms Board' to our 'InnCredible Events' email: info@inncredibleevents.com...or click on this 'Contact Us', fill in your information and then 'cut & paste' your 'Board' into our 'Message' box. It's that simple!

And, here's another idea ladies...for all of you new brides, if you've put together your '
Wedding Board' with your favorite pictures from your InnCredible day, please send me those too. Just make sure you credit your photographer when you send it my way...and include your name, your grooms name, date of your wedding and location.

I can't wait to see what you design...so send away my lovely brides...send away!

Until next time....

Making your wedding InnCredible
InnCredible Events
949/887.9629


No comments:

Post a Comment